Responding to God’s call, Lutheran Campus Ministry creates an affirming community that provides students with opportunities to deepen faith, engage minds, and serve neighbors.
Uniting Students in God’s grace. Engaging the world in Christ’s love.
- Inclusivity: We value all people and recognize the diversity with which God created us. All people are welcome here, regardless of religious or denominational background, personal faith or doubt, race, class, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Hospitality: Remembering how Christ has welcomed and received us, we offer hospitality to all who come to our community. This welcome creates a space for renewal and relationships.
- Inquiry: We value humble and honest questioning and doubt as a part of the life of faith. Open inquiry expands our perspectives as we grow together.
- Justice: We recognize that God’s perfect vision for the world is not reflected in our reality. We seek to live out God’s justice in all that we do, respectfully serving all according to their needs.
- Gratitude: We are mindful of and grateful for the diverse contributions of those who care for our community. These contributions include but are not limited to time, skills, financial resources, and presence.
- Joy: We cultivate an honest joyful spirit. Recognizing that joy is not always easy, we nonetheless attempt to share joy with all those who come together in this place.
- Intentionality: As we plan and carry out our mission, we are committed to embodying our community’s values, which are rooted in our experience of God’s mercy and love.